Cross vCenter VM Mobility - CLI
Cross vCenter VM Mobility - CLI is a command line interface (CLI) tool that can be used to migrate and clone one or more VMs (bulk) from one host to another host managed by a linked or isolated vCenter (VC) instance. It has been built using vSphere Java-based SDK APIs.
Currently, as of vSphere 6.0, the vSphere HTML5 Web Client allows users to perform Cross-VC operations like migration and cloning if two VCs are linked. If VCs are not linked, users cannot view the infrastructure across multiple VCs and thus, cannot utilize this functionality through UI. This Fling provides a way for users to access this vSphere feature through simple CLI commands. It also supports cross-cluster placement and shared storage vMotion between two VCs.
- JDK 1.7 or above
- Two vCenter instances with ESX 6.0
- Windows : Windows Server 2003 or above
- Linux : RHEL 7.x or above, Ubuntu 11.04 or above
Please see the instructions1.6.0.pdf in the Download box.
- Relocate is failing with validation error "cln is missing".
- Added support for bulk-relocate / bulk-clone which helps the user to migrate / clone multiple VMs specifying various destination locations in a single command.
- Added support to choose destination resource pool
- Added support to choose destination vm folder / destination storage pod (storage drs)
- While migrating multiple vms with destination network option, only one vm used to get migrated.This issue has been fixed.
- Keep the destination connection alive during the relocate task
- Support to pass password as command line arguments for vm migrate/clone automation
- Updated the code to chose destination network details while clone/relocate a vm to destination VC.