Cross vCenter VM Mobility - CLI is a command line interface (CLI) tool that can be used to migrate and clone one or more VMs (bulk) from one host to another host managed by a linked or isolated vCenter (VC) instance. It has been built using vSphere Java-based SDK APIs.
Currently, as of vSphere 6.0, the vSphere HTML5 Web Client allows users to perform Cross-VC operations like migration and cloning if two VCs are linked. If VCs are not linked, users cannot view the infrastructure across multiple VCs and thus, cannot utilize this functionality through UI. This Fling provides a way for users to access this vSphere feature through simple CLI commands. It also supports cross-cluster placement and shared storage vMotion between two VCs.
- JDK 1.7 or above
- Two vCenter instances with ESX 6.0
- Windows : Windows Server 2003 or above
- Linux : RHEL 7.x or above, Ubuntu 11.04 or above
Please see the instructions1.6.0.pdf in the Download box.
- Relocate is failing with validation error "cln is missing".
- Added support for bulk-relocate / bulk-clone which helps the user to migrate / clone multiple VMs specifying various destination locations in a single command.
- Added support to choose destination resource pool
- Added support to choose destination vm folder / destination storage pod (storage drs)
- While migrating multiple vms with destination network option, only one vm used to get migrated.This issue has been fixed.
- Keep the destination connection alive during the relocate task
- Support to pass password as command line arguments for vm migrate/clone automation
- Updated the code to chose destination network details while clone/relocate a vm to destination VC.
Virtual Machine Desired State Configuration (VMDSC) allows virtual administrators to specify VM CPU/Memory desired state which will take effect upon the next Guest OS reboot. This removes the burden of having to schedule a downtime window with the business/app owners.
vSphere Diagnostic Tool is a python script that runs diagnostic commands on the Photon Appliance or ESXi platform to return useful troubleshooting data while running within the confines of the local environment with out upstream dependencies.
VM News Collector is a real-time news aggregator dedicated to the collection of all kinds of real-time news updates and applicable information & resolutions on all technology products belonging to the VMWARE Group, a technology giant, leading the technology revolution in cloud computing & virtualization fields.
No need to scroll through hundreds of documents looking for informations. VM News Collector App has it all for you.