ConQuest configures Meta Quest 2 VR consumer devices and enrolls the device into Workspace ONE UEM. ConQuest is available as a GUI application for Microsoft Windows and a console application for Windows and macOS. It can be run once a Meta Quest 2 device is set to developer mode and connected to the Windows or macOS device via USB.
Running ConQuest will install Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub App as device owner so that the device can be enrolled into Workspace ONE UEM. ConQuest will launch Intelligent Hub App and automatically enroll the device into Workspace ONE UEM using credentials supplied.
There are two versions of ConQuest. ConQuestApp, which will run as an application from the desktop on Windows. ConQuestConsole, which will run from the command line on Windows or macOS. You only need one of these applications as both perform the same actions on the headset.
ConQuest should not be used on Oculus for Business or Quest for Business registered devices.
Make sure your device is charged and that both controllers have batteries and are charged
Ideally, the device should have not been previously setup. If so, factory reset the device using the Oculus Mobile App.
Before enrolling the device into Workspace ONE UEM, the Meta Quest 2 device must be connected to the Oculus Mobile App. Follow these instructions to do so.
If you're new to Meta, or using Meta Quest, a Facebook or Oculus Test account (https://developer.oculus.com/resources/test-users/) is required to use your device, apps and the app store. Setup a Facebook or Oculus Test account before using the device.
Download and install the Oculus Mobile App to your iOS or Android device. Login with your Facebook or Oculus Test Account credentials.
Your user will need to be registered as a developer in order to enroll devices using ConQuest. You can register as a developer by joining an existing organisation or creating a new one.
To join an existing organization, follow these steps:
- You’ll need to request access to the existing organization from the admin.
- You’ll receive an email invite. Once accepted, you’ll be a member of the organization.
To create a new organization, follow these steps:
- Go to https://developer.oculus.com/manage/organizations/create/
- Fill in the appropriate information.
Device Setup and Configuration
To setup your device for Workspace ONE UEM enrollment follow these steps:
- Download Workspace ONE ConQuest from here https://flings.vmware.com/workspace-one-conquest
- Install .NET Runtime. You will need only 1 of the following:
- Extract the ConQuest zip and run ConQuestApp.exe, ConQuestConsole.exe on Windows or the ConQuestConsole executable on macOS
- The ConQuestConsole executable will need to be given executable permissions on macOS (chmod +x)
- If you encounter warnings about running a downloaded app on macOS, these can be bypassed by downloading ConQuest to a different machine and then transferring the zip to the Mac via a USB storage device
- Configure ConQuest to use credentials via credentials.xml, credentials.bin or UEM staging package zip
- Configure whether you want ConQuest to run once a device is connected to USB (Autostart USB)
- Connect the Meta Quest 2 to PC using USB Cable (may need to use a phone USB-C cable)
- Power on your device and press the Oculus button on both controllers to wake them
- Follow instructions in Oculus Mobile App to pair your headset with the Mobile app.
- Once paired, in the Mobile App, select Menu, Devices and select your headset in the dropdown.
- Configure a Wi-Fi using the Oculus Mobile App
- Under Headset Settings, select Developer Mode and toggle on Developer Mode.
- Put on the headset and Allow Connections to PC (in the Oculus Headset)
- Note, make sure to authorize USB debugging in the headset when prompted (you maybe asked to do this several times)
- If the Quest does not offer the 'Allow USB Debugging' prompt after turning on Developer Mode and connecting the USB cable; ADB may need to be restarted. Running 'adb kill-server' and 'adb start-server' at the commandline may solve the issue. ADB can be found in the 'ConQuest/ADB' folder of the ConQuest download.
- ConQuest should quickly go through a process to configure the headset and launch Intelligent Hub App and auto enroll the device using the credentials supplied.
- Monitor progress in the connected headset
- Accounts may be detected and automatic removal of those accounts will be attempted.
- If this process fails, dismiss all on-screen prompts and retry, otherwise factory-reset and run ConQuest again
- Workspace ONE ConQuest is complete when the headset is at the privacy statement to click through, click the agreement and device setup will take a few minutes to complete.
- From the Customer or Child OG, within the Workspace ONE UEM Console, navigate to Devices > List View. You should see your device enrolled into the Workspace ONE UEM Console. You should now be able to manage these devices using Android Enterprise based profiles.
- - Added macOS support for ConQuestConsole
- - Enter enrollment credentials
- - Supply credentials.xml, credentials.bin or a UEM staging package .zip file
- - Supply path to specific Intelligent Hub build
- - Supply path to specific ADB executable
The Workspace ONE macOS App Analyzer will determine any Privacy Permissions, Kernel Extensions, or System Extensions needed by an installed macOS application, and can be used to automatically create profiles in Workspace ONE UEM to approve list those same settings when deploying apps to managed devices.To connect to your
Workspace ONE UEM environment:
The Workspace ONE mobileconfig Importer gives you the ability to import existing mobileconfig files directly into a Workspace ONE UEM environment as a Custom Settings profile, import app preference plist files in order to created managed preference profiles, and to create new Custom Settings profiles from scratch.
Workspace ONE Policy Analyzer for Windows aids in the management of profiles and baselines for Windows 10 devices. Policy Analyzer uses the Workspace ONE UEM API to review the status of profiles and baselines assigned to a specified Windows 10 device.