vSAN Performance Monitor
The vSAN performance monitor is a monitoring and visualization tool based on vSAN Performance metrics. It will collect vSAN Performance and other metrics periodically from the clusters configured. The data collected is visualized in a more efficient and user-friendly way. The vSAN performance monitor comes with preconfigured dashboards which will help customers evaluate the performance of vSAN clusters, identify and diagnose problems, and understand current and future bottlenecks. The dashboards are heavily inspired by vSAN Observer.
The vSAN performance monitor is delivered in a virtual appliance with three major components, i.e., a Telegraf collector, InfluxDB, and a Grafana frontend.
- Telegraf: Telegraf is the agent that collects metrics from vSAN cluster and stores them in InfluxDB.
- InfluxDB: InfluxDB is the database to store the metrics
- Grafana: We use Grafana as the frontend to virtualize the metrics stored in the InfluxDB
Once deployed, users will need to do some simple configuration changes to point the collector to target vSAN cluster(s) and start the service. After that, the data will be collected periodically and can be visualized for meaningful insights.
Web Browser: IE8+, Firefox or Chrome
For the client VM to deploy
- vSphere 6.0 / VM version 11 and later environments are needed for the client VM deployment.
For the target vCenter you want to monitor
- vSphere 6.0 and later environments are required so that the vCenter can be monitored
- Clusters with vSAN enabled
- vSAN performance service needs to be turned on in the vCenter you want to monitor. Please refer to the page for details to enable perf service. You can select specific vSphere version on the right top corner of the page.