The vSAN Hardware Compatibility List Checker is a tool that verifies all installed storage adapters against the vSAN supported storage controller list. The tool will verify if the model, driver and firmware version of the storage adapter are supported.
Using a supported storage controller and firmware is important in a vSAN deployment to ensure normal operations, optimal performance, and to reduce the chances of hardware/firmware issues. This tool can be useful to ensure that a storage device and its firmware went through certification testing supported by VMware and its partners.
Some scenarios where the tool can be useful:
- Verify if new server and storage adapter are supported for a vSAN deployment
- Verify if re-purposed server, storage adapter are supported for a vSAN deployment
For a full vSAN system check, please check vSAN health UI through vSphere web client after a vSAN deployment.
- Windows: 7, 8, 10, Server 2008, 2012, 2016
- Linux: CentOS, Ubuntu and RHEL
- Browser: IE 10+, Chrome, Opera and Firefox
- Network Requirements
- HTTPS/443 access to ESXi hosts (interacting with hostd)
- Internet HTTP/80 access to http://partnerweb.vmware.com/service/vsan/all.json (optional)
- Extract the contents and double-click on hclCheck.exe
hclCheck [-h] [--hostname hostname [hostname ...]] [--username USERNAME] [--password PASSWORD] [--hcl-url HCL_URL] Check ESXi host against VSAN HCL optional arguments: -h, --help show this help message and exit --hostname hostname [hostname ...] Hostname/IP of ESXi host --username USERNAME Username (default: root) --password PASSWORD Password --hcl-url HCL_URL URL to VSAN HCL DB (http://path/to/hcl.db or file:///C:/path/to/hcl.db)
- Support multi-platforms for Windows, Linux and MacOS
- Bug fixed
- Fixed the bug that firmware version of some controllers can't be fetched
- Add 3 new checks
- Controller is VMware certified for ESXi release
- Controller driver is VMware certified
- Controller firmware is VMware certified
- Update HTML report format
- Bug fixes
HCIBench stands for "Hyper-converged Infrastructure Benchmark". It's essentially an automation wrapper around the popular and proven VDbench open source benchmark tool that makes it easier to automate testing across a HCI cluster.
The vSAN performance monitor is a monitoring and visualization tool based on vSAN Performance metrics.