vRealize Build Tools
Release Date: May 28, 2019
vRealize Build Tools provides tools to development and release teams implementing solutions based on vRealize Automation (vRA) and vRealize Orchestrator (vRO). The solution targets Virtual Infrastructure Administrators and Solution Developers working in parallel on multiple vRealize-based projects who want to use standard DevOps practices.
This Fling is focused on code quality, code reusability, unit testing, dependency management and parallel releases of vRealize projects. In practice, it is a set of Maven extensions, packaged in a Maven repository format, that support the use of IDE (via Maven) and CLI to develop, test and deliver vRA and vRO-based solutions. It includes a vRO plug-in that exposes autocomplete information for standard and third-party scripting objects and actions and CLI that can deploy packages to vRO and vRA via the standard APIs.
- vRealize Orchestrator
- Microsoft VS Code
- vRealize Developer Tools
Version 2.14.14 Update
- Bug fixes and stability improvements
Version 2.12.5 Update
- [vRBT] Package installer - Add support for installation on a standalone vRO (not embedded) version 8.x with basic authentication
- [vRA] Added catalog entitlements and examples to the vra-ng archetype
- [vRO] Support / in Workflow name or path, by substituting it with dash (-) character.
- [vRBT] Added http / socket timeouts support in the installer
- [ABX] Support for ABX actions
- [vRO] Support of placeholders in workflow description
- [vRA] Import vRA8 custom resources before blueprints
- [vROPS] Fixed policy import / export problem with vROPs 8.2, maintaining backward compatibility
- [MVN] Fixed ussue with installer timeouts
- [TS] vRO pkg - Adds support for slash in workflow path or name
- [vRBT] Package installer - updated documentation, added checking of workflow input, writing of workflow error message to file, setting of installer exit code when executing of a workflow
- [TS] Allow additional trigger events for policies trigered by the vcd mqtt plugin
- [MVN] Fix Missing vRA Tenant After Successful package import
- [MVN] Fix vROPS import fails on certain assets
Version 2.10.0 Update
- [MVN] Improvements in package installer
- [vROps] Regex support in YAML definitions for vROps content
- [vRLI] Regex support in YAML definitions for vRLI content
- [POL] Added Polyglot and ABX support:
- NodeJS, Python and PowerShell code support
- new archetype: com.vmware.pscoe.polyglot.archetypes:package-polyglot-archetype
- two new project types: com.vmware.pscoe.polyglot:polyglot-project; com.vmware.pscoe.serverless:serverless-project
- tooling for compiling, bundling and packaging: polyglotpkg
- [TS] Added support for description field for workflow inputs and outputs in the Workflow decorator
- [vRA-NG] Fixed NPE error during custom resources import
Version 2.8.8 Update
- [MVN] Support SHA1 checksum generation for JS,TS,XML,vRA,vRANG project types.
- [MVN] Include the pom.xml description content as description of the built vRO package artifact
- [TS-AutoGen] Define a property for storing the version of the API for which this project is generated.
- [TS-AutoGen] Store the API version as part of the vRO package description.
- [vRA-NG] Adds support for import/export of custom resources and resource actions.
- [TS] Typescript projects for vRO, now support syntax for specifying a description for a configuration element attribute.
- [vRA-NG] Adds support for using project name when managing vRA-NG content.
- [vROps] Adds support for vROps 8.1
- [vROps] Change default authentication provider to Token-based Authentication
- [TS] Extend vropkg tool to support Polyglot bundle
- [TS] Support for skipping unmapped dependencies, e.g. --skipUnmappedDeps
- [TS] Bumped up Typescript version to 3.8.3
- [TS] Added support for tsconfig file override using the project option of the tsc executable.
- [MVN] Updated vRBT infrastructure project with latest dependencies and improved installation robustness
- [vROps] Fixes a problem with resource kind during alert definition import
- [TS] Use fixed node package versions
- [vROps] Support for policy assignment to custom groups
- [vRA] Fixes a problem with vra-ng authentication always setting System Domain and users not being able to authenticate with different domain
- [vROps] Removed sshHost from Installer. Use host instead.
- [TS] Make dependency:go-offline execution conditional
- [TS] All version of Node are supported from 10.x and above
- [TS] npm repository is no longer needed [TS] Support for RequireJS imports/exports
- [TS] Support for yaml configurations
- [TS] Improved workflows and policy templates transpilation
- [TS] Improved diagnostic messages
- [TS] Improved handling of cycle references
- [TS] Extended workflow support
- [TS] Support for ES2017.String
Version 2.4.18 Update
- Support vRA 8 support for blueprints, custom forms, subscriptions and flavor-mapping
- vRO 8 support for existing content management and import
- Support vRO 8 export of WFs in a folder structure derived from WF tags
- Support for running WFs on vRO using maven command
- Support persisting JS Actions IDs in source to allow for actions originating in vRO first to not create conflicts
- TypeScript Projects (experimental) support improvements and bug fixes
- General bugs fixing an documentation updates
Version 1.7.1 Update
- Further enhanced the TypeScript projects support (still experimental)
- Bug fixes