VMware vSAN Live
Release Date: September 27, 2019
VMware vSAN Live provides vSAN users with instant insights into their hyperconverged infrastructure environments from their mobile devices. Instead of stopping, signing into a laptop and then logging in remotely to view their vSAN environments, users can monitor their HCI clusters while on the go, troubleshooting in just a few clicks.
VMware vSan Live for Android devices
|VMware vSan Live for iOS devices|
What's included in this release?
- Overview dashboard of vSAN clusters
- Full-featured Health Checks
- Cluster inventory view including Fault domain and host status.
- Easily switch between different vCenter Servers
- Cluster configuration view including vSAN settings and service status.
- Full-featured Performance monitoring for VMs and Cluster
- Full-featured Capacity monitoring
VMware vSAN powers VMware's hyperconverged infrastructure solution, which combines compute virtualization, storage virtualization and storage networking with unified management into a single system running on industry-standard x86 servers. VMware vSAN, primes businesses for growth through seamless evolution, industry leading deployment flexibility and hybrid-cloud capabilities.
vSAN is native to the market-leading hypervisor, vSphere, simplifying HCI adoption by leveraging existing tools and skillsets. vSAN provides customers industry leading deployment flexibility with over 500+ ReadyNodes, or jointly-certified x86 servers, a turn-key appliance, Dell EMC VxRail, and native services with all of the top public cloud providers: Amazon, Microsoft, Google, Alibaba, IBM and Oracle. vSAN supports the most hybrid cloud uses cases and provides enterprise-grade, general-purpose infrastructure for VM and container-based applications.
The application is available for:
- Android > 4.1
- iOS > 9.0
vSAN Live was tested on vSphere versions >= 6.7
- Download the application
- Connect your device to the VPN of your vCenter
- On your device, download the VC certificate from
https://<VC_FQDN>/afd/vecs/caNOTE: If your VC is managed by a remote Platform Services Controller or was migrated from external to embedded one, you might have to open the VC login page and download the root CAs. Then use all .crt files under "win".
- Install the certificates:
- Settings -> General -> Profiles -> CA -> Install
- Settings -> About -> Certificate Trust Settings -> CA (enable)
- Open the certificate -> Give it a name -> Credential Use: VPN and apps -> OK
No similar flings found. Check these out instead...
Autopology - WYSIWYG Designer for NSX
To ease the network creation process and the workloads’ attachment to such networks we present ‘Autopology’ - a graphical interface aimed to complement NSX and simplify workflows for customers and people stepping into the realm of virtual networking.