VMware Logon Monitor
Release Date: May 25, 2016
VMware Logon Monitor monitors Windows user logons and reports a wide variety of performance metrics intended to help administrators, support staff, and developers troubleshoot slow logon performance. Metrics include, but are not limited to, logon time, CPU/memory usage, and network connection speed. VMware Logon Monitor also receives metrics from other VMware products which provide even more clues about what is happening during the logon flow.
While other VMware products are not required to benefit from VMware Logon Monitor, some VMware products may be active during user logon. The Horizon Agent, Horizon Persona Management, and App Volumes are examples and will soon report additional metrics which may further enhance the value of VMware Logon Monitor's logs.
Please see the VMware Logon Monitor Metrics PDF for more information.
- Windows 7 x86/x64
- Windows 10 x86/x64
To install VMware Logon Monitor:
- Download file from Download button
- Extract zip file
- Double-click exe to install
Please see the VMware Logon Monitor Configuration PDF for more information.
- VMLM is integrated with the Horizon View Agent starting in version 7.1.0. Installing Horizon View Agent 7.1.0 requires Fling to be removed first as it will be installed with the Horizon View Agent by default and vice-versa
- Multi-session support, e.g. for RDSH
- Log file has max size and age, at which time it is rolled over. Default max size is 100MB and default age is 7 days
- IP address of desktop log to aid identification of desktop in log file
- Performance improvements
- Fixed bug causing metrics to not be collected after a reboot and refresh on logoff.
- Fixed bug causing Event Viewer to raise an exception when clicking on VMLM events.
- Fixed bug causing SENS events to not be collected.