vFabric Data Director Service Gateway for CloudFoundry
vFabric Data Director Service Gateway for Cloud Foundry enables service providers to deliver a vFabric Postgres database-as-a-service solution based on CloudFoundry.org and vFabric Data Director.
This software product provides an interface between Cloud Foundry and vFabric Data Director. The interface enables Cloud Foundry users to access enterprise features provided by Data Director (e.g., create and delete vFabric Postgres databases).
- Integrates VMware's PaaS and DBaaS solutions
- Allows service providers to offer enterprise-class database functionality including:
- Snapshots and database clones for rapid deployment of test/dev environments
- Database-consistent hot snapshots that provide instant backups
- Hot external backups for durability
- Point-in-time recovery with both snapshots and external backups
- Proactive monitoring, alerts, and notifications
- Comprehensive view of resource usage
- Open source allows customization and extension of core service gateway functionality
Github repository: https://github.com/vfddservice/vfdd-service
Download link: https://github.com/vfddservice/vfdd-service/zipball/master
You must have installed:
- vFabric Data Director 1.1.0 or higher
In order to use this extension, you need to have Cloud Foundry and vFabric Data Director installed. For more detailed instructions, please go to https://github.com/vfddservice/vfdd-service. Detailed information is in the README file in the github repository.