SDDC Import/Export for VMware Cloud on AWS
The SDDC Import/Export for VMware Cloud on AWS tool enables you to save and restore your VMware Cloud on AWS (VMC) Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC) networking and security configuration.
There are many situations when customers want to migrate from an existing SDDC to a different one. While HCX addresses the data migration challenge, this tool offers customers the ability to copy the configuration from a source to a destination SDDC.
A few example migration scenarios are:
- SDDC to SDDC migration from bare-metal (i3) to a different bare-metal type (i3en)
- SDDC to SDDC migration from VMware-based org to an AWS-based org
- SDDC to SDDC migration from region (i.e. London) to a different region (i.e. Dublin).
Other use cases are:
- Backups - save the entire SDDC configuration
- Lab purposes - customers or partners might want to deploy SDDCs with a pre-populated configuration.
- DR purposes - deploy a pre-populated configuration in conjunction with VMware Site Recovery or VMware Cloud Disaster Recovery
Detailed instructions can be found on the Instructions tab, in the README.md included in the Zip file or on Patrick's blog (http://www.patrickkremer.com/sddc-import-export/).
Details about the use cases and origins of the project can be found on Nico's blog (https://nicovibert.com/2021/02/08/fling-sddc-import-export-for-vmware-cloud-on-aws/).
Please download the Installation_Instructions.pdf file.
- Added experimental support for sync mode
- Fixed L2VPN and IKE import bug
- Fixed display bug during DFW import
- Added GovCloud support