Data is king and your users need a sample data platform quickly.
With this Fling, you will leverage your VMware Cloud Foundation 4.0 with vRealize Automation deployment and stand a sample data platform based on vSphere Virtual Machines in less than 20-minutes comprising of Kafka, Spark, Solr, and ELK.
You can also choose whether to deploy a wavefront proxy and configure the components to send data to the wavefront proxy or use your own.
- Installation of a VMware vSphere 6.7 cluster
- Installation of a VMware vRealize 8.1 cluster or above
- An Ubuntu 20.04 VM template with latest VM tools installed and DHCP enabled (current fling solution does not cover IPAM due to complexitites arising with IPAM)
- Access to the Internet from the Ubuntu machines
- The Ubuntu template should have the username used for extensibility marked with the NOPASSWD flag in /etc/sudoers (username ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD:ALL)
- The vSphere user account used to connect to vCenter run must have read access to the folder containing provisioned VMs and also be granted the VirtualMachine.Interaction.Console privilege
- Access to port 902 on each individual ESXi host hosting the provisioned VMs
- The DNS Server used should allow for dynamic updates
- A working subscription for VMware Tanzu Observability by Wavefront (You can get an evaluation subscription from https://tanzu.vmware.com/observability)
- Download the instructions.pdf and the data-platform.tar file from the download box
- When configuring the Fling, use this URL for the FlingTarURL variable:
Cross vCenter Workload Migration Utility
This Fling allows users to easily migrate virtual machines in bulk from a graphical user interface between vCenter Servers (same & different SSO Domains supported) using the Cross-vCenter vMotion feature.
Virtual Machine Desired State Configuration
Virtual Machine Desired State Configuration (VMDSC) allows virtual administrators to specify VM CPU/Memory desired state which will take effect upon the next Guest OS reboot. This removes the burden of having to schedule a downtime window with the business/app owners.
vRealize Build Tools
vRealize Build Tools provides tools to development and release teams implementing solutions based on vRealize Automation (vRA) and vRealize Orchestrator (vRO).