This Fling enables a cloud admin to download the package, integrate with Cloud Assembly and other Infrastructure services and be able to provide an “OpenShift Cluster as a Service” offering. This Fling automates the end to end deployment process. End users can simply request for and get an enterprise grade distributed instance of OpenShift Cluster. This Fling provides all the required packages to configure and deploy an enterprise production grade OpenShift cluster using VMware Cloud Assembly Services with minimal effort and in a repeatable, fully automated fashion.
- Operating System: Red Hat Enterprise 7.5
- Active Red Hat Subscription (to get the packages)
- OpenShift Version: 3.11
- An account in VMware Cloud on AWS or Private/Public vSphere environment (this solution was tested on vSphere 6.7)
- An account in VMware Cloud Services with access to Cloud Assembly Services (CAS). It is assumed that rest of the configuration is already done in CAS to do a successful VM deployment
- SaaS enabled vRealize Orchestrator (version 7.6)
- A Windows 2016 server working as PowerShell Host (Windows PowerShell version 5.1.14393.3053)
- Windows 2016 Server (AD, DNS and NTP server roles)
- Updated / Revalidate for Red Hat Enterprise Server 7.7
- Updated / Revalidate for minor changes in bash scripts
- Updated/ Revalidate for Ansible playbooks
This Fling helps vRealize Operations Manager users better manage custom email notification templates.
vRealize Build Tools provides tools to development and release teams implementing solutions based on vRealize Automation (vRA) and vRealize Orchestrator (vRO).
Virtual Machine Desired State Configuration (VMDSC) allows virtual administrators to specify VM CPU/Memory desired state which will take effect upon the next Guest OS reboot. This removes the burden of having to schedule a downtime window with the business/app owners.