Python Client for VMware Cloud on AWS Fling is a Python-based tool. Written in Python, the tool enables VMware Cloud on AWS users to automate the consumption of their VMware Cloud on AWS SDDC.
Note this is not to interact with your VMware Cloud on AWS vCenter but to run tasks such as creating and deleting networks, setting up security groups and services and building network security rules on the Management and Compute Gateways.
Contributions to the open source project this Fling is based on are welcome! Head to this GitHub page for more details.
VMware Cloud on AWS version 1.9 and later:
Detailed instructions can be downloaded in the instructions tab or can be found on the following blog posts:
Version 1.8.0New Features:
- Support for the long-awaited initial release of the VCDR API
- Significant function refactoring. The team has spent a lot of time splitting API calls into separate libraries. This makes re-use of the API calls much easier for anybody wanting to use the code in this project
- Fixed an issue where using any group name with lowercase characters caused errors when creating firewall rules
- Clarify args for new-network function
- Add clarifying documentation for new-group function
- New commands - create-sddc-group, delete-sddc-group, get-group-info, get-sddc-info, get-nsx-info, attach-sddc, detach-sddc, connect-aws, disconnect-aws, attach-vpc, detach-vpc, vpc-prefixes, attach-dxgw, detach-dxgw, show-tgw-routes, show-t0-bgp-routes
- Bugfixes - Better error handling when config.ini is missing sections or values inside config.ini are missing
- Improvements - show-t0-routes displays in table format, sorted, with a legend
- Bugfixes - Fixed handling of blank and invalid values values for prefix scope and length
- Feature - Update prefix attachment to allow both inbound and outbound prefix lists
- Feature - Update show function to show BGP neighbors with multiple lists
- bug: Fixed display of route filters in show-t0-bgp-neighbors
- feature: added attach-t0-prefix list, detach-t0-prefix-list
- New, clearer help section makes it easier to find commands
- Improved menu for new-t0-prefix-list
This Fling allows users to easily migrate virtual machines in bulk from a graphical user interface between vCenter Servers (same & different SSO Domains supported) using the Cross-vCenter vMotion feature.
The VMware Event Broker Appliance (VEBA) Fling enables customers to unlock the hidden potential of events in their SDDC to easily event-driven automation based on vCenter Server Events
The SDDC Import/Export for VMware Cloud on AWS tool enables you to save and restore their VMware Cloud on AWS (VMC) Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC) configuration.