VMware PowerCLI is one of the most successful command line tools for managing your VMware products. With the many existing cmdlets designed for the system administrator or vSphere Admin, PowerCLI is the easiest and most powerful tool for managing your environment.
PowerCLI Extensions gives PowerCLI users access to early access functionality by extending the core PowerCLI cmdlets to include new experimental features and gives PowerCLI customers the ability to provide early feedback.
The following is a list of prerequisites needed for using PowerCLI Extensions, please ensure you meet these requirements as other versions may not have been tested and cannot be guaranteed to work.
- VMware vSphere PowerCLI 6.0 R1 or higher
- PowerShell V2 or higher
Please follow the below steps to ensure the PowerCLI Extensions is installed correctly in your environment:
- Install PowerCLI (Latest release recommended)
- Download the PowerCLI Extensions module from the download button on the left, for PowerCLI 6.3 R1 and later please use the VMware.VimAutomation.Extensions_for_PCLI_63R1_and_above.zip file, for previous versions use the VMware.VimAutomation.Extensions.zip file.
- Right Click the zip file and go to properties, if you have an Unblock button at the bottom press it to unblock the file to prevent a Security Warning when importing the module.
- To install the PowerShell module - extract the downloaded ZIP file to your modules directory, for example (C:\Users\MyUser\Documents\WindowsPowerShell\Modules). For additional information on how to install a PowerShell module, see: Installing Modules
- Verify that in the above folder there is a sub-folder called VMware.VimAutomation.Extensions. The full path is
- Updated PowerCLI.Extensions Module to be compatible with VMware PowerCLI 11.0.0
- New download available for PowerCLI 6.5 only
VM News Collector is a real-time news aggregator dedicated to the collection of all kinds of real-time news updates and applicable information & resolutions on all technology products belonging to the VMWARE Group, a technology giant, leading the technology revolution in cloud computing & virtualization fields.
No need to scroll through hundreds of documents looking for informations. VM News Collector App has it all for you.
The Skyline Automation Toolkit is designed to save valuable time in remediating potential issues surfaced by Skyline Advisor to ensure stability, security and productivity. The Toolkit allows cloud admins and SREs to automate Skyline Advisor's Proactive Intelligence with their own tools and processes.
This Fling provides a community preview of the upcoming PowerCLI commands for NSX-T management.