Release Date: June 14, 2018
This cloud hosted Fling helps users with custom Mobile Device Management (MDM) policy generation that use MDM capabilities available through Microsoft's Windows 10 MDM Configuration Service Providers (CSPs).
Note: On login with My VMmware credentials, the tool provides an easy to use form based UI that allows the Windows 10 admin to simply enter the required values for the policies and auto generates corresponding syncML that can be copied to publish through Workspace ONE Unified Endpoint Management.
This tool greatly reduces the effort of hand rolling syncML and the possibility of code and formatting errors when creating or managing custom settings profiles through Workspace ONE UEM.
- Windows 10 devices. The syncML generated through this tool is intended to work on Windows 10 devices
- Workspace ONE UEM console. The syncML generated through this tool can be pushed to an enrolled Windows 10 device through the Workspace ONE UEM console
Steps to create custom syncML
- Navigate to vmwarepolicybuilder.com
- Login in to Policy Builder with your My VMware credentials. If you do not have an account, use the link to sign up for one
- Select the operating system of the devices you plan to manage
- Select the Configuration Service Provider/s you want to configure and select Configure
- Use the form UI on the left to fill in the configuration. This will automatically generate the corresponding syncML on the right
- Select the Copy button to copy the syncML and paste into your Workspace ONE UEM console Windows 10 desktop custom settings profile to publish to the assigned enrolled devices
Steps to modify syncML
Forklift for Workspace ONE UEM
The Forklift for Workspace ONE UEM Fling allows migration of Workspace ONE UEM Resources between different Workspace One UEM environments. Rapid deployment of resources bundled as a "Deployment Template". Lastly the creation of a Continuous Delivery Pipeline for resources.