Are you an NSX admin? Do you spend major part of your work in monitoring the network and/or its security? Do you have the NSX web UI open on your laptop/desktop most of the day to make sure all the services are up and connectivity between systems is fine?
Carrying a laptop all the time with you could be quite challenging task, especially in situations like the current pandemic. However, your smartphone would be on you most of the time. NSX Mobile brings the ease of monitoring the networking and security right from your phone.
NSX Mobile complements the full-fledged NSX-T web UI by providing monitoring capabilities on the go. If you find something wrong, you can use the conventional web UI or ask someone else to investigate the matter immediately. Focus of the app is to provide instant notifications when something goes wrong and side by side ability to monitor the network & its security from a smartphone.
- Just install it & login with your NSX-T credentials to get started (make sure that the NSX version is 3.0+ and the NSX IP/domain name is reachable from your smartphone)
- List and search all networking and security entities (e.g. Tier-0s, Network segments, Firewall Rules, etc.)
- View alarms generated on NSX (e.g. CPU usage high OR a VPN failed to realize OR Intrusion detected in case if you have IDS firewall, etc.)
- Push notifications - COMING SOON
- Quick actions (enable/disable options wherever possible, actions on failures/alarms) - COMING SOON
Download and Install from Google Play
How to Install .apk file
Flings are unofficial tools developed by VMware engineers. VMware community members can try these out and share their feedback here in the comments section. Until we productize it into an official mobile app for NSX-T, it might not be available on iOS / Android app stores. You can download the installable file here and install on your smartphones to try it. If found helpful, you can continue to use it for free as long as you wish.
Steps to install .apk file on Android phones:
- Download the APK you want to install.
- Navigate to your phone settings menu then to the security settings. Enable the Install from Unknown Sources option
- Use a file browser and navigate to your download folder. Tap the APK to begin the installation process
- The app should safely install. You may now start using the app from the menu
- The app pulls the data from your NSX server every single time you use it so you don't need to worry about any data loss on uninstalling it
This VMware Fling is an easy-to-use utility that inserts Horizon View services into NSX, and then combines them into Service Groups.
VM News Collector is a real-time news aggregator dedicated to the collection of all kinds of real-time news updates and applicable information & resolutions on all technology products belonging to the VMWARE Group, a technology giant, leading the technology revolution in cloud computing & virtualization fields.
No need to scroll through hundreds of documents looking for informations. VM News Collector App has it all for you.
The SDDC Certificate Tool automates this workflow and makes it easy to keep certificates across your SDDC up to date. It will replace all certificates in the supported products and reestablish trust between the components.