VMware IOInsight is a tool to help people understand a VM's storage I/O behavior. By understanding their VM's I/O characteristics, customers can make better decisions at storage capacity planning and performance tuning. IOInsight ships as a virtual appliance that can be deployed in any vSphere environment and an intuitive web-based UI allows users to choose VMDKs to monitor and view results.
Where does IOInsight help?
- Customers may better tune and size their storage
- When contacting VMware Support for any vSphere storage issues, including a report from IOInsight can help VMware Support better understand the issues and can potentially lead to faster resolutions.
- VMware Engineering can optimize products with better understanding of various customers' application behavior.
IOInsight captures I/O traces from ESXi and generates various aggregated metrics that represent the I/O behavior. The IOInsight report contains only these aggregated metrics and there is no sensitive information about the application itself. In addition to the built-in metrics computed by IOInsight, users can also write new analyzer plugins to IOInsight and visualize the results. A comprehensive SDK and development guide is included in the download bundle.
- 4vCPU and 2GB VM memory
- VM storage space: 2GB (can grow up to 16GB)
- vSphere 5.5 or above
- Recommended browsers: Chrome and Safari
- SSH should be enabled in ESX machines to be monitored
Detailed instructions are provided in the VMware IOinsight User Guide.pdf
IOInsight v1.1.1 - April 12, 2017
- Added option to download logs for troubleshooting
- Removed 'Send Logs' option as we were not receiving mails from external networks due to mailserver issue
- Fixed support for ESXi-5.5 which was broken in v1.1.0
- Minor changes in UI and logs
- Commandline utility to setup static IP / DHCP
- Option to set NTP servers
- Option in UI to send logs and results to IOInsight developers for troubleshooting
- Fixed VC login issues
- Handling of several special characters in VM name
- Improved correctness of IO-size histogram
- Better handling of monitoring VMDKs with very less I/Os
- Improved alert messages in UI and logs
- Improved graph visualizations
No similar flings found. Check these out instead...
This Fling connects to and monitors multiple vCenter instances simultaneously, providing detailed information about detected alarms.
Learn how you can create your own Fling or update an existing Fling.
This Fling is a full 360 degree solution for Windows Update management. Create full supported Windows Update configurations and use the fling for install and monitor Windows Updates.
This tool connects to one or more existing Horizon View Event Database(s) and allows the user to customize which types of alerts to be notified on.
Android vSphere Big Data Extensions Client is an Android application which provides vSphere BDE users a tool for monitoring and simple management of the vSphere BDE server.
vAssist.ai, a Natural Language Processing (NLP) platform, enables bot developers to train machine learning models for intent classification and entity extraction.