Infrastructure Deployer for vCloud NFV
Release Date: October 09, 2019
Infrastructure Deployer for vCloud NFV is an automation-based deployment tool used for setting up the VMware vCloud NFV platform - 3.3 vCloud NFV OSE (OpenStack Edition). It is based on VMware vCloud NFV 3.0 Reference Architecture design and targets greenfield deployments only.
There are two components:
The input text file - User enters all details of the environment and component products that need to be deployed
The power shell scripts - Executed to do the actual deployment of the products.
A Windows jump VM should be setup on the infrastructure host. The tool is executed on this VM and should have access to the management network. This VM should also have access to all the supporting infrastructure components listed below:
- DNS Server : Provides forward and reverse lookup services to all platform components
- Must Have : All component and physical servers used for deployment should have their FQDN updated in the DNS server. This is a hard requirement for the Infrastructure Deployer.
- NTP Server : Provides a time synchronization service to all components
- PowerShell Version 5.0 or higher
- PowerCLI Version 10.x or higher
Important: Latest windows patches should be installed on the windows jump VM, in order for the scripts to run successfully.
Version 3.3 Update
- Updated RAID version from 3.2.1 vCloud NFV VCD to 3.3 vCloud NFV OSE (OpenStack Edition)
Version 3.2.1 Update
- Updated to new version
- Replaced user guide the new version
Version 3.2.0 Update
- Removed internal link in User Guide. Added a link to the correct external location
- Removed duplicate User Guide document in zip file
No similar flings found. Check these out instead...
Virtual Machine Compute Optimizer
The Virtual Machine Computer Optimizer (VMCO) is a Powershell script that uses the PowerCLI module to capture information about the hosts and VMS running in your vSphere environment, and reports back on whether the VMs are configured optimally based on the Host CPU and memory.
VMware Cloud Foundation Powernova
VMware Cloud Foundation Powernova is a Fling built on top of VCF that provides the users the ability to perform Power Operations (Power ON, Power OFF) seamlessly across the entire inventory. It has a sleek UI to visualize the entire VCF inventory (which is the first of its kind for VCF) across the domains of VCF.
Diagnostic Tools for Workspace One Tunnel Client
Diagnostic tools for Workspace ONE Tunnel client offers tools and script to identify and troubleshoot any client related issues on specific platforms. The first version included support for Windows desktop tunnel client and future version will include support for other platforms.