Horizon Peripherals Intelligence is a self-serviced diagnosis tool that can help increase the satisfaction when using peripheral devices with Horizon product by both the end users and the admin user. Currently, we support diagnosis for the following device categories – USB storage devices, USB printers, USB scanners, Cameras, Audios, Speechmics, Signaturepads, Barcode scanners，smart card readers，mouse and keyboard. We will continue to cover more device categories in the future.
Here is the main function of Horizon Peripherals Intelligence. Publish device diagnosis report promptly based upon the horizon end users’ requests. The report will be available for both Horizon users and admin in the HorizonPeripheralsAgent program. Users could better understand the device usage issues with the report. Admin could be aware of the end users' issues and take actions to fix them based upon the suggestions provided in the report.
We now support Horizon windows client and Linux client with windows agent for device diagnosis.
- The HorizonPeripheralsIntelligence client program can be deployed on 64bits windows OS or 64bits Linux OS that is compatible with VMware Horizon 7.x and later.
- The HorizonPeripheralsIntelligence agent program can be deployed on 64bits windows OS that is compatible with VMware Horizon 7.x and later.
- PowerShell - version 3.0 or above must be installed on Windows client and agent sides.
- Python – version 3.6 or above must be installed on Linux client side.
- Window Client OS - Windows 7, 10
- Linux Client OS – Ubuntu 18.04, 20.04 and Redhat 8.3, 8.4
- Agent OS - Windows 7, 10, 2012R2, 2016, 2019, 2022
- To simplify the HPI deployment procedures :
- Eliminate the web OVA server in HPI 1.0 and 2.0 versions
- Simplified deployment for both HPI client and agent side. No need to pair the web OVA server address with HPI agent.
- To keep consistent UI user experience with Horizon product:
- Rewrite the HPI agent with C# and WPF framework
- Render the diagnosis report in HPI agent program’s native UI
- Added Linux client support on Ubuntu 18.04 , 20.04 and Redhat 8.3, 8.4
- Added Smartcard reader, USB mouse and keyboard support on Windows client
- Added USB disk, scanner, printer, camera, USB mouse and keyboard support on Linux client
- Added Horizon agent support on latest Windows 10 21H1 and Windows Server 2022
- Changed Device Matrix to be aligned with VMware validated peripherals on VMware Marketplace
- Add support for USB Audios, Speechmics, Signaturepads, Barcode scanners
- Add support for L10n of web pages in simplified Chinese, traditional Chinese and English
- Add support for window 7 and windows 2012R2
- Add support for 32 bits OS
- Add support for cmdline installation
No similar flings found. Check these out instead...
Virtual Machine Desired State Configuration (VMDSC) allows virtual administrators to specify VM CPU/Memory desired state which will take effect upon the next Guest OS reboot. This removes the burden of having to schedule a downtime window with the business/app owners.
ptp_vmw is a Linux driver for VMware Precision Clock, a new type of virtual device available in ESXi 7.0 (hardware version 17 on-wards) that provides virtual machines with access to the underlying ESXi host's system clock.
VMware Modified Enhanced SCAP Content Editor is an updated version of the Enhanced SCAP Content Editor too by G2, Inc, and is an open source project, vmware-scap-edit, on GitHub.
PowervRACloud is a PowerShell module that abstracts the VMware vRealize Automation Cloud APIs to a set of easily used PowerShell functions. This tool provides a comprehensive command line environment for managing your VMware vRealize Automation Cloud environment.
Onyx for the Web Client is a Fling that translates actions taken in the vSphere Web Client to PowerCLI.Net code. This Fling was the winning entry in last year’s 2014 Fling Contest. It’s an update, of sorts, to the Onyx fling, as it allows for similar functionality in the web client.
vRealize Operations REST Notifications Helper helps vRealize Operations Manager users improve and customize the REST notifications of alerts. It collects the most useful information about an alert before sending it to third parties.