Horizon Peripherals Intelligence
Release Date: September 21, 2020
Horizon Peripherals Intelligence is an online self-serviced diagnosis service that can help increase the satisfaction when using peripheral devices with Horizon product by both the end users and the admin user. Currently, we support diagnosis for the following device categories – USB storage devices, USB printers, USB scanners, Cameras. We will continue to cover more device categories in the future.
There are 3 main functions of Horizon Peripherals Intelligence.
1) Publish device diagnosis report promptly based upon the horizon end users’ requests. The report will be available for both Horizon users and admin in the web portal. Users could better understand the device usage issues with the report. Admin could be aware of the end users' issues and take actions to fix them based upon the suggestions provided in the report.
2) Maintain a device compatibility matrix. All users could search the matrix based on the device type, client OS type, agent OS type and other dimensions, etc. Horizon Peripherals Intelligence will present a filtered device support table per users search request.
3) The admin has the privilege to upload, modify, update, delete the meta data of each device category in the peripherals DB and maintain the device matrix. We provide an admin access to do it.
We now only support Horizon windows client and windows agent for device diagnosis.
- The HorizonPeripheralsAgent and HorizonPeripheralsClient programs can be deployed on both 32bits and 64bits windows OS that is compatible with VMware Horizon 7.x and later.
- PowerShell - version 3.0 or above must be installed on client and agent sides.
- Browser - Firefox, Chrome, Edge (IE is not supported)
- Client OS - Windows 7, 10
- Agent OS - Windows 7, 10, 2012R2, 2016, 2019
- The web OVA is built on VMware Photon OS 3.0 which is compatible with ESXi 6.5 and later
- Add support for USB Audios, Speechmics, Signaturepads, Barcode scanners
- Add support for L10n of web pages in simplified Chinese, traditional Chinese and English
- Add support for window 7 and windows 2012R2
- Add support for 32 bits OS
- Add support for cmdline installation
No similar flings found. Check these out instead...
Have you ever wanted to give your users access to certain virtual infrastructure tasks instead of the entire vCenter Client?
WebCommander is a way to do this! WebCommander was designed as a framework to wrap your PowerShell and PowerCLI scripts into an easy-to-access web service.
The ViewDbChk tool allows administrators to scan for, and fix provisioning errors that can not be addressed using View Administrator. Provisioning errors occur when there are inconsistencies between the LDAP, vCenter and View Composer databases. These can be caused by: direct editing of the vCenter inventory, restoring a backup, or a long term network problem.