Horizon Peripherals Intelligence is a self-serviced diagnosis tool that can help increase the satisfaction when using peripheral devices with Horizon product by both the end users and the admin user. Currently, we support diagnosis for the following device categories – USB storage devices, USB printers, USB scanners, Cameras, Audios, Speechmics, Signaturepads, Barcode scanners，smart card readers，mouse and keyboard. We will continue to cover more device categories in the future.
Here is the main function of Horizon Peripherals Intelligence. Publish device diagnosis report promptly based upon the horizon end users’ requests. The report will be available for both Horizon users and admin in the HorizonPeripheralsAgent program. Users could better understand the device usage issues with the report. Admin could be aware of the end users' issues and take actions to fix them based upon the suggestions provided in the report.
We now support Horizon Windows client, Linux client and Mac client with windows agent for device diagnosis.
The HorizonPeripheralsAgent can be deployed on 64bits windows OS and HorizonPeripheralsClient programs can be deployed on windows, linux and Mac OS that are compatible with VMware Horizon 7.x and later.
PowerShell - version 3.0 or above must be installed on windows client and agent sides.
Python – version 3.6 or above must be installed on Linux and Mac client sides.
Window Client OS - Windows 7, 10, 11
Linux Client OS – Ubuntu 18.04, 20.04 and Redhat 8.3 to 9.0
Agent OS - Windows 7, 10, 11, 2016, 2019, 2022.
- Refined the diagnosis report UI layout to provide a better overview of devices and issues
- Added Mac client support on Mac Arm and Mac Intel platforms and created a universal installer for Mac plugins
- Added USB disk, scanner, printer, camera, USB mouse and keyboard diagnosis support on Mac client
- Enabled the client plugin compatibilities with Anti-keylogger features on windows and Mac platforms
- Published a text format diagnosis report for sharing with IT admins to fix device issues
- To simplify the HPI deployment procedures :
- Eliminate the web OVA server in HPI 1.0 and 2.0 versions
- Simplified deployment for both HPI client and agent side. No need to pair the web OVA server address with HPI agent.
- To keep consistent UI user experience with Horizon product:
- Rewrite the HPI agent with C# and WPF framework
- Render the diagnosis report in HPI agent program’s native UI
- Added Linux client support on Ubuntu 18.04 , 20.04 and Redhat 8.3, 8.4
- Added Smartcard reader, USB mouse and keyboard support on Windows client
- Added USB disk, scanner, printer, camera, USB mouse and keyboard support on Linux client
- Added Horizon agent support on latest Windows 10 21H1 and Windows Server 2022
- Changed Device Matrix to be aligned with VMware validated peripherals on VMware Marketplace
- Add support for USB Audios, Speechmics, Signaturepads, Barcode scanners
- Add support for L10n of web pages in simplified Chinese, traditional Chinese and English
- Add support for window 7 and windows 2012R2
- Add support for 32 bits OS
- Add support for cmdline installation
No similar flings found. Check these out instead...
This Fling augments the capabilities of OpenStack Neutron, providing an easy way to integrate an existing OpenStack environment into a corporate network that uses routable IP addresses for the Tenants, specifically with VMware Integrated OpenStack and NSX.
This Fling is a Windows driver that can be used to update the microcode on a computer system’s central processor(s) (“CPU”). This type of update is most commonly performed by a system’s firmware (“BIOS”).
ESXtopNGC Plugin is an enhanced, plugin-version of ESXtop for the vSphere Web Client. The plugin displays ESX server stats in new and more powerful ways by tapping into the GUI capabilities of the Web Client.
The Skyline Automation Toolkit is designed to save valuable time in remediating potential issues surfaced by Skyline Advisor to ensure stability, security and productivity. The Toolkit allows cloud admins and SREs to automate Skyline Advisor's Proactive Intelligence with their own tools and processes.
This Android Device Pre-Verification Suite Fling reduces the time to perform a preliminary test on any Android device from any OEM.
This ESX extension adds functionality to ESX to support MAC-learning on vswitch ports. For most ESX use cases, MAC learning is not required as ESX knows exactly which MAC address will be used by a VM.