Horizon Migration Tool
Release Date: October 20, 2014
Horizon Migration Tool helps you migrate from Citrix XenDesktop and Xen App to Horizon 7.
This tool supports following scenarios:
- Migration from XenDesktop 7.6 and above to Horizon 7.2
- Migration from XenApp 7.6 and above/6.0/6.5/5.0 to Horizon 7.2
The GUI wizard-based tool helps:
- Locate different pool based on Citrix pool type
- Manage desktop agents
- Create pools according to different provision technologies (manual, linked clone, instant clone)
- Validate the View agent status on RDS hosts (from View connection server, and XenApp server)
- Create farms
- Validate application availability on RDS hosts
- Migrate application/desktop to one or multiple farms (new or existing)
- Migrate entitlements to new or existing applications/desktops. Combination of application entitlements are supported
- Check environment
- Identify incompatible features and configuration
- XenDesktop 7.6 or above
- XenApp 7.6 or above, 6.5, 6.0, or 5.0
- Horizon 7.2
- Horizon Cloud 16.11.0 or 17.1.0
The following software are required:
- vSphere 6.0 Update 1 or later is required for Horizon instant clone
- .NET Framework 2.0(for Windows 2008)
- .NET Framework 3.5(for Windows 2012)
- JRE8 or above
- Powershell (Required by migration of XenDesktop 7.6 or above, XenApp7.6 or above/6.5/6.0. By default already installed on system with XenDesktop 7.6 or above, XenApp7.6 or above/6.5/6.0)
- Copy this Horizon Migration Tool to one Citrix Delivery Controller
- Run the tool by launching the HorizonMigrationTool.exe
- Follow the wizard
For more details, refer to the demo video on the Video tab, or user guide document.
- Updated the binary package and the document accordingly
- Fixed issue: add missed XenAppDumper.exe for XenApp 5.0
- Supports Citirx to Horizon 7.2 migration
- Added Citrix PVS Desktop pool migration to Horizon 7.2
- Added Citrix Dedicate MCS Desktop Pool migraiton to Horizon 7.2 as manual pool, linked-clone pool or instant clone pool
- Fixed Bug: XenApp applications with customerized path includes spaces will migrate properly.
- Add migration from XenApp 7.6 and above to Horizon 7 and Horizon 7.1
- Add migration from XenDesktop 7.6 and above to Horizon 7 and Horizon 7.1
- Add migration from XenDesktop 7.6 and above to Horizon Cloud 16.1 1.0and 17.1.0
Desktop pool type supported:
- Manual pool
- Random machine creation service pool
- Manual pool
- Automated linked clone pool
- Automated instant clone pool
- Spaces in the path of the migration tool are now possible.
- Removed the inaccurate previous warning message.
- Fixed the bug that occurred when a report was generated.
- Changed all Horizon 6 to Horizon 6.2.2 and 7 in the document
- Changed all related date to current date in the document
- Changed all jre7 or above to jre8 and above in the document .
- Updated the tool version from 1.2.1 to 1.2.2
- Generate a summary report after migration. The report will be located in ./x2v_log/Summary.html
Updated to 1.2.0
Now supports Horizon 6.2.2 and Horizon 7
No similar flings found. Check these out instead...
Community NVMe Driver for ESXi
This Fling is a collection of ESXi Native Drivers which enables ESXi to recognize and consume various NVMe-based storage devices. These devices are not officially on the VMware HCL and have been developed to enable and support the VMware Community.
vSphere Software Asset Management Tool
The vSphere Software Asset Management (vSAM) is a tool that collects and summarizes vSphere product deployment information. It calls on vSphere APIs for deployment data and produces a PDF report that the customer can consult as a part of their infrastructure review and planning process. This lightweight Java application runs on Windows, Linux or Mac OS.
Workspace ONE Policy Analyzer for Windows
Workspace ONE Policy Analyzer for Windows aids in the management of profiles and baselines for Windows 10 devices. Policy Analyzer uses the Workspace ONE UEM API to review the status of profiles and baselines assigned to a specified Windows 10 device.
GuestReclaim reclaims dead space from NTFS volumes hosted on a thin provisioned SCSI disk. The tool can also reclaim space from full disks and partitions, thereby wiping off the file systems on it. As the tool deals with active data, please take all precautionary measures understanding the SCSI UNMAP framework and backing up important data.