Forklift for Workspace ONE UEM
Release Date: January 14, 2019
The Forklift for Workspace ONE UEM Fling allows migration of Workspace ONE UEM Resources between different Workspace One UEM environments. Rapid deployment of resources bundled as a "Deployment Template". Lastly the creation of a Continuous Delivery Pipeline for resources.
Forklift for Workspace ONE UEM (Workspace ONE UEM Workload Migration Tool) includes the following primary features:
- Migrations for Applications, Profiles, Sensors, Scripts and Windows 10 Baselines
- Continuous Delivery pipelines as a turnkey CD solution to Create/Update and promote resources from Dev to Test to Production with a button click
- Deployment Templates as exportable/importable resource containers for rapid resource deployment in a UEM environment.
Forklift is distributed as a series of linked containers for deployment simplicity. Included in the release are 2 container images, helper scripts for running the containers and a Docker Compose file to keep the containers linked correctly.
- Docker for Desktop
- macOS Version 10.14+ or Windows 10 Professional or Enterprise 64 bit
- 1+ Workspace One UEM environments
- Admin Api credentials for the two environments
- Admin Api permissions in the two environments
Network connectivity between the two environments
Platform specific installers are included in the download. The installer will setup the docker images, create folder mounts for the containers and stage useful scripts.
Note: The Installer can be run if Docker is not installed. It will fail on the final initialization step. If this happens follow the instructions in the Manual Installation Instructions. If the installer fails during the last install script. Then attempt to run the script manually from the install folder. It's located in <InstallDir>Manual Installation Instructions
- Ensure Docker for Desktop is installed and the Docker daemon is running. The install script performs a check for the Docker daemon.
- Run the Installer to stage the container images and install scripts in the following folders:
- macOS - /Applications/Forklift
- Windows 10 - C:\Program Files\Forklift
- Navigate to the scripts folder
- macOS - /Applications/Forklift/scripts
- Windows 10 - C:\Program Files\Forklift\scripts
- First time launch
- In scripts/operational, run startup.sh (macOS) or startup.ps1 (Windows 10). This will run docker compose up against the docker-compose.yml file located in the scripts folder.
- Note: The startup script is written to one with relative paths and expects docker-compose.yml to be in the parent folder.
There are two options for subesquent launches.
- Use the same startup script from the First Time Launch instructions
- In Docker for Desktop, click the start button for the container cluster.
There are two options for shutting down Forklift.
- In Docker for Desktop, click the stop button for the container cluster.
- Note: This option allows for restarting the app in Docker for Desktop as mentioned above.
- In scripts/operational, run shutdown.ps1 (Windows 10) or shutdown.sh (macOS)
- Note: This option will shut down the container cluster, remove the virtual network and lastly remove the containers as well. If this option is used, then startup.sh/startup.ps1 must be used for the next app launch
- Fixed Baseline migration issue
- Improved error handling and messaging
- Fixed app migration issue for File Exists Criteria
- Fixed baseline migration issue from additional policies
- Fixed baseline migration issue when Group UUID is undefined
- Fixed Pipeline rollback showing on first step.
- Some Windows 10 scripts do not migrate
- Baselines with custom firewall settings will not migrate
- The configured environment in a Pipeline Step does not show in the UI
- The comparison for Pipeline steps does not compare the correct data
- Added Support for more than one environment
- Added MST and Icon Support to Windows 10 App Migrations
- Added support for applications larger than 2 GB
- Added Sensor and Script support
- Added Continuous Delivery Pipelines
- Fixed Baseline migration issue where values were not migrating correctly
- Fixed App migration issue where file modified date was defaulting to default values
- Fixed missing location group id for profile migrations
- Changed Fling name from Workspace One UEM Workload Migration Tool to Forklift for Workspace ONE UEM
- Fixed app upload issues for Workspace One UEM 1910+
- Fixed profile search issue for Workspace One UEM 1910+
- Added profile update support
- Added template folder structure creation
- Updated Mac app to support notarization for Catalina
- Fixed Baseline Migration issue
- Fixed Profile Errors not displaying in the UI
- Baseline Migration Support
- MacOS application
- UI refactoring to make bulk migrations easier
- Added support for script detection with Win32 applications
Fixed issue with expired credentials.