Easy Deploy for NSX Advanced Load Balancing
Release Date: April 01, 2021
Easy Deploy for NSX Advanced Load Balancer (formerly Avi Networks) Fling is a virtual appliance that helps you deploy Avi in a handful of clicks!
This will enable you to leverage the power of multi-cloud application services platform that includes load balancing, web application firewall, container ingress, and application analytics across any cloud. No extensive knowledge required as it’s meant to make demo, training and proof-of-concept (POC) easy!
- A familiar VMware Clarity User Interface
- Automatically deploy an Avi Controller and Avi Service Engines
- Seamless integration with your VMware Cloud on AWS environment (with AVS and GCVE support coming soon!)
- Option to deploy sample app that leverages Avi load balancing
For more information, read this blog post: New Fling: Easy Deploy for NSX Load Balancing a.k.a EasyAvi
Where to deploy Easy Deploy for NSX Advanced Load Balancing
Easy Deploy for NSX Advanced Load Balancing can be installed inside or outside your SDDC.
Prerequisites to install the Easy Deploy for NSX Advanced Load Balancing appliance
The Easy Deploy for NSX Advanced Load Balancing appliance requires the following:
- 2 vCPUs
- 4 GB of RAM
- 12 GB of Disk
Prerequisites to use Easy Deploy for NSX Advanced Load Balancing:
Wherever you decide to install Easy Deploy for NSX Advanced Load Balancing, the appliance will need to access the VMC, vCenter and NSX-T API endpoints.
Easy Deploy for NSX Advanced Load Balancing will need Internet Access to download the Avi software file. If you install Easy Deploy for NSX Advanced Load Balancing within the SDDC, make sure the Easy Deploy for NSX Advanced Load Balancing appliance can access the Internet through the Compute Gateway.
While using the Easy Deploy for NSX Advanced Load Balancing appliance, make sure you allow traffic from the Easy Deploy for NSX Advanced Load Balancing appliance AND the management network (selected during the deployment of Avi services) to vCenter over HTTPS.
If you deploy Easy Deploy for NSX Advanced Load Balancing within the SDDC, you therefore need to set up the right rules on your management gateway - for simplicity, the picture below shows "Any" as a source but you can obviously be more specific.
Up to three segments need(s) to be created in VMC for:
- Management Network (which will contain the Avi Controller, a jump server (which will be destroyed at the end of the deployment), SE(s))
- VIP Network (will contain SE(s))
- Backend Network (will contain backend servers if application has been enabled)
You can use the same segment for the three networks or a dedicated segment for each network.
Your segment(s) require(s) a DHCP pool configured with free IPs. The number of free IP depends of the amount of SE(s) that you plan to deploy:
- You need 2 IPs in the management network excluding the amount of SE(s) - In addition, each SE mandates a single free IP in this network
- You need 2 IPs in the backend network if you have selected the basic application to be deployed
Please read the Flings_Instructions.pdf
- Support for Avi release 21.1.1
- BUG fix for HA Mode Legacy Active/Standby
- SHA1: 96f3f5e9d5f19aac3419bffab2e786e94a9b2485
- Support for Avi release 20.1.6
- Token user input is now hidden (new deployment & import)
- Avi Pulse credentials are now enforced in the UI
- License acceptance is now enforced in the UI
- Docker images restart policy set
- Small fix for the Avi Controller IP Address
- Major new version
- New UI experience:
- Multiple deployments lifecycle management
- Avi Image download management
- New logging section
- Support for destroying/deleting deployment(s)
- Support for importing an existing Avi Controller in VMC
- Avi Controller (standalone or cluster including optionally IP floating address)
- Avi Controller IP Addresses (Static or DHCP)
- Avi Service Engines IP Addresses (static or DHCP)
- Day-2 actions: add SE in an existing SE Group on the top of an deployment(imported or created by Easy Deploy for NSX Advanced Load Balancing)
- Swagger API documentation included
- User login authentication
- New Avi release supported - 20.1.5
- Fixed SDDC conflict - what if you want to redeploy on the same sddc with another EasyAvi
- Fixes "Output link /avi at the end does not work" issue
- Destroy.sh - avoid TF error when trying to delete CL
- Fixed "Typo in the outputs Advanced pplication Private IP Address"
- Check for vCenter API connectivity before starting TF
- Hide the button "DFW - Update NSX exclusion list with SE(s)"
- Hide Domain Name field in the UI
- Changed getMypublic.sh by beforeTf.sh
- Fix typo in outputs
- Hide Public IP in outputs if empty
- MD5 Checksum
- Remove cat sddc.json from logs
- Auto Apply
- Auto routing to Step 3
- Minor fixes
- First Release
Demo Appliance for Tanzu Kubernetes Grid
A Virtual Appliance that pre-bundles all required dependencies to help customers in learning and deploying standalone Tanzu Kubernetes Grid (TKG) clusters running on either VMware Cloud on AWS and/or vSphere 6.7 Update 3 environment for Proof of Concept, Demo and Dev/Test purposes.