Blockchain on Kubernetes
Release Date: October 10, 2017
Blockchain is an emerging technology which has been gaining traction globally throughout the past few years. Industries like finance, logistics, and IoT are actively working on research and pilot projects using blockchain.
Fabric is a sub project under Hyperledger (a LinuxFoundation project), it is probably the most mature blockchain solution available now for business use cases.
The mission of Blockchain on Kubernetes (BoK) is to provide an end-to-end blockchain solution, from IaaS, CaaS, to Blockchain platform and Blockchain applications. It allows organizations to quickly collaborate and evaluate the new business models and processes by using the decentralized blockchain technology.
By using BoK, blockchain developers can use BoK command line tool or a GUI tool provided by BoK Fabric Tile to quickly set up an environment to build and test their blockchain applications.
- Kubernetes 1.6.5+
- A Linux VM like Ubuntu 16.04 with Docker 1.11+ and Python 3
- vCenter 6.0+ (Optional)
To use BoK CLI to deploy Hyperledger Fabric, download easybaas-2.1.0.tgz and read "BoK User Guide 2.1.pdf" from the download drop-down list.
To use BoK Fabric Tile to deploy Hyperledger Fabric, download the tile file fabric-0.4.0.pivotal and "Fabric Tile User Guide.pdf" from the download drop-down list.
July 16 2018, BoK 2.1
- Support deployment of Hyperledger Fabric 1.1.0.
- Allow users to customize the Fabric organizations and peers in bok.yaml.
- Add ingress controller for serving traffic to Fabric peers nodes and explorer node.
- Make improvement on stability and usability.
- Verified against Kubernetes 1.10.3 and Pivotal Container Service (PKS) 1.1.0.
- Updated the PCF Fabric Tile which supports creating Kubernetes cluster via PKS Tile and deploy Hyperledger Fabric in the Kubernetes cluster.
May 3 2018, BoK 2.0
- Provide a new PCF Ops Manager Tile to deploy Hyperledger Fabric. It supports creating Kubernetes cluster via PKS Tile and deploy Hyperledger Fabric in the Kubernetes cluster.
- Add a central config file bok.yml to specify all BoK configuration. No more manual code change is needed.
- Support kafka as consensus mode.
- Other enhancement for stability.
- Verified against Kubernetes 1.9.7.
Jan 15 2018, BoK 1.1
- Designed to run on PKS(Pivotal Container Services), and validated in PKS Beta
- Integrate Blockchain Explorer into BoV which makes it easier to view/monitor peers, transactions, etc
- Enhance BoK to support saving blocks and channel data to persistent volume
- Optimize the installation process
- Provide a default channel for blockchain applications
No similar flings found. Check these out instead...
VMware Endpoint Operations Agent Upgrade Kit
VMware Endpoint Operations Agent Upgrade kit upgrades your EPO agents registered to vRealize operations Manager (vR Ops) and whose collection state is "Collecting". This kit has the necessary bundles to upgrade the EPO agents of all flavors like Linux and Windows, and also both 32 and 64 bit agents. This kit will upgrade the agents of version 6.2.1 or 6.3 to 6.4.0 in a single node setup.
PowerCLI Cmdlet for NFS
VMware PowerCLI is one of the most successful command line tools for managing your VMware products. With many existing cmdlets designed for the system administrator or vSphere Admin, PowerCLI is the easiest and most powerful tool for managing your environment.
Workspace ONE Mobileconfig Importer
The Workspace ONE mobileconfig Importer gives you the ability to import existing mobileconfig files directly into a Workspace ONE UEM environment as a Custom Settings profile, import app preference plist files in order to created managed preference profiles, and to create new Custom Settings profiles from scratch.
Diagnostic Tools for Unified Access Gateway
This fling is collection of scripts which will help troubleshoot various issues on UAG w.r.t specific services hosted on UAG. The script which is released first as part of this fling is to identify any misrouting session (Horizon) due to incorrect Load Balance configuration.