NSX is a very powerful network virtualization platform that allows the users to spin up large scale complex networks within seconds. For new users, the inventory-based interface that NSX exposes might be a little overwhelming. To ease the network creation process and the workloads’ attachment to such networks we present ‘Autopology’ – a graphical interface aimed to complement NSX and simplify workflows for customers and people stepping into the realm of virtual networking.
What Autopology Offers
- Drag and drop interface to create logical networks so that the customers can design topologies tuned to their environments
- Single click replication of sections of topologies
- Ability to view the drawn network for future reference
- Ability to easily navigate to NSX Manager interface to further customize the logical entities as and when needed
- Ability to attach multiple VMs to logical entities. VMs could be residing on ESX or KVM hypervisors
- One cohesive view to design logical networks as opposed to filling out tedious forms across multiple views
- Intelligent defaults help bypass advanced configuration for network objects
- Rapid scaling of logical networks
- Inventory of workloads across multiple hypervisors
- Combine compute and network in a single view
- NSX-T 1.x or higher Download NSX
Ubuntu 16.04 with the following packages installed:
- apt-get install python-pip
- apt-get install python-libvirt
- apt-get install libssl-dev
- apt-get install python-dev
- apt-get install libffi-dev
Autopology Web Interface
- Download the autopology-1.0.20170421-py2-none-any.whl package from this page on the Ubuntu 16.04 machine
- Install the package on Ubuntu 16.04 machine using the command:
pip install autopology-1.0.20170427-py2-none-any.whl l
- Start Autopology Server using the command:
- Follow the prompts to complete server startup
- Post install, use the Autopology Web Interface URL, typically, https://<Ubuntu machine ip>:<port number> to design and deploy NSX topologies.
For detailed instructions, please refer to the Autopology Installation & Quick Start Guide.
VM News Collector is a real-time news aggregator dedicated to the collection of all kinds of real-time news updates and applicable information & resolutions on all technology products belonging to the VMWARE Group, a technology giant, leading the technology revolution in cloud computing & virtualization fields.
No need to scroll through hundreds of documents looking for informations. VM News Collector App has it all for you.
The Skyline Automation Toolkit is designed to save valuable time in remediating potential issues surfaced by Skyline Advisor to ensure stability, security and productivity. The Toolkit allows cloud admins and SREs to automate Skyline Advisor's Proactive Intelligence with their own tools and processes.
This VMware Fling is an easy-to-use utility that inserts Horizon View services into NSX, and then combines them into Service Groups.