App Volumes Migration Utility allows admins to migrate AppStacks managed by VMware App Volumes 2.18, to the new application package format of App Volumes 4. The format of these packages in App Volumes 4 have evolved to improve performance and help simplify application management.
Administrator permissions are required since the fling operates on the appstacks which are essential for the product.
- Windows 7 or 10
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5
- Administrative access to VMware App Volumes 2.18 or 4.0
Version 1.0.11 Update
- Fixes the problem of migration failure if the appstack name has characters not allowed in Windows('/').
Version 1.0.10 Update
- Resolves bug raised @ https://flings.vmware.com/app-volumes-migration-utility/bugs/1352
Version 1.0.9 Update
- Resolves the bug @ https://flings.vmware.com/app-volumes-migration-utility/bugs/1278
Version 1.0.8 Update
- Fixes some customer bugs with respect to application details in the JSON file.
Version 1.0.7 Update
- Migration fails if their are blacklisted registry entries containing embedded NULL chars.
- File system migration fails if their are directories having a trailing DOT name ( ex- Microsoft. ).
1.0.6 Version Update
- Create meta_json.zip in migrated appstacks.
1.0.4 Version Update
- Fix for the bug 1087
1.0.4 Version Update
- Fix for "AppVolumes Manager is invalid" error shown in the UI when connecting to App Volumes Manager 4 version 2006.
- Fix for the bug "failed to get old appID from YML entries" in the AppCapture.log during migration of appstacks.
Version 1.0.2 Update
- Fix for fling bug 983.
- The customer bug on the fling, exposed an un handled scenario.
- Prior to migration if the appstacks registry database contained registry keys with embedded NUL
- (\0) chars in their name, Migration fails.
- This scenario has now been addressed with this update.
- Fix for Migrated Appstack upload failure in AVM due to JSON parsing error.
- Instructions doc updated to reflect the name change from "Upload Prepackaged Volume" to "Upload Template" in the AVM UI.
No similar flings found. Check these out instead...
The vSphere Software Asset Management (vSAM) is a tool that collects and summarizes vSphere product deployment information. It calls on vSphere APIs for deployment data and produces a PDF report that the customer can consult as a part of their infrastructure review and planning process. This lightweight Java application runs on Windows, Linux or Mac OS.
Workspace ONE UEM SCIM Adapter provides SCIM user/group management capabilities to Workspace ONE UEM
vCenter Cluster Performance Tool is a Powershell script that uses vSphere PowerCLI to obtain performance data for a cluster by aggregating information from individual hosts.
This Fling augments the capabilities of OpenStack Neutron, providing an easy way to integrate an existing OpenStack environment into a corporate network that uses routable IP addresses for the Tenants, specifically with VMware Integrated OpenStack and NSX.
Building on top of the FUSE API (Linux specific) and the llfuse library, Services Virtual File System (SVFS) aims to provide an easy way to custom create a file system that integrates seamlessly with your Linux file system. Additionally, it enables almost all file system operations to be performed on it.