App Volumes Migration Utility allows admins to migrate AppStacks managed by VMware App Volumes 2.18, to the new application package format of App Volumes 4. The format of these packages in App Volumes 4 have evolved to improve performance and help simplify application management.
Administrator permissions are required since the fling operates on the appstacks which are essential for the product.
- Windows 7 or 10
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5
- Administrative access to VMware App Volumes 2.18 or 4.0
Version 2.0.0 Update
- Introduces a new feature, cmdlets for performing writable volumes migration.
Version 1.0.12 Update
- Fixes bug identified here
Version 1.0.11 Update
- Fixes the problem of migration failure if the appstack name has characters not allowed in Windows('/').
Version 1.0.10 Update
- Resolves bug raised @ https://flings.vmware.com/app-volumes-migration-utility/bugs/1352
Version 1.0.9 Update
- Resolves the bug @ https://flings.vmware.com/app-volumes-migration-utility/bugs/1278
Version 1.0.8 Update
- Fixes some customer bugs with respect to application details in the JSON file.
Version 1.0.7 Update
- Migration fails if their are denylist registry entries containing embedded NULL chars.
- File system migration fails if their are directories having a trailing DOT name ( ex- Microsoft. ).
1.0.6 Version Update
- Create meta_json.zip in migrated appstacks.
1.0.4 Version Update
- Fix for the bug 1087
1.0.4 Version Update
- Fix for "AppVolumes Manager is invalid" error shown in the UI when connecting to App Volumes Manager 4 version 2006.
- Fix for the bug "failed to get old appID from YML entries" in the AppCapture.log during migration of appstacks.
Version 1.0.2 Update
- Fix for fling bug 983.
- The customer bug on the fling, exposed an un handled scenario.
- Prior to migration if the appstacks registry database contained registry keys with embedded NUL
- (\0) chars in their name, Migration fails.
- This scenario has now been addressed with this update.
- Fix for Migrated Appstack upload failure in AVM due to JSON parsing error.
- Instructions doc updated to reflect the name change from "Upload Prepackaged Volume" to "Upload Template" in the AVM UI.
No similar flings found. Check these out instead...
This Fling helps you build special-purpose unattend.xml configuration files to be applied in the Dell factory as part of the Factory Provisioning to domain join (domain, workgroup, AAD, AAD Premium) and enroll devices automatically on first-boot.
The Workspace ONE UEM Profile Migration Utility aides in moving Profiles between Workspace ONE UEM Consoles.
Proactive DRS was the winning entry in last year's 2012 Open Innovation Contest. We promised that we'd create a fling of the winning entry, and here it is!
Python Utility for VMware Cloud Foundation Management’ is a lightweight python-based command line VCF administration tool. It offers an interactive shell interface to interact with the VMware Cloud Foundation (SDDC Manager) public API.
This handy standalone Fling will assist in determining the optimal PowerMic configuration for a specific environment.
This Fling analyses a sequence of screenshots collected by a user to generate three metrics: frame-count, smoothness, and image quality for VDI or any video streaming application. See readmeFirst.PDF for instructions, and notes on how to interpret results.