App Volumes Migration Utility allows admins to migrate AppStacks managed by VMware App Volumes 2.18, to the new application package format of App Volumes 4. The format of these packages in App Volumes 4 have evolved to improve performance and help simplify application management.
Administrator permissions are required since the fling operates on the appstacks which are essential for the product.
- Windows 7 or 10
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5
- Administrative access to VMware App Volumes 2.18 or 4.0
Version 1.0.12 Update
- Fixes bug identified here
Version 1.0.11 Update
- Fixes the problem of migration failure if the appstack name has characters not allowed in Windows('/').
Version 1.0.10 Update
- Resolves bug raised @ https://flings.vmware.com/app-volumes-migration-utility/bugs/1352
Version 1.0.9 Update
- Resolves the bug @ https://flings.vmware.com/app-volumes-migration-utility/bugs/1278
Version 1.0.8 Update
- Fixes some customer bugs with respect to application details in the JSON file.
Version 1.0.7 Update
- Migration fails if their are denylist registry entries containing embedded NULL chars.
- File system migration fails if their are directories having a trailing DOT name ( ex- Microsoft. ).
1.0.6 Version Update
- Create meta_json.zip in migrated appstacks.
1.0.4 Version Update
- Fix for the bug 1087
1.0.4 Version Update
- Fix for "AppVolumes Manager is invalid" error shown in the UI when connecting to App Volumes Manager 4 version 2006.
- Fix for the bug "failed to get old appID from YML entries" in the AppCapture.log during migration of appstacks.
Version 1.0.2 Update
- Fix for fling bug 983.
- The customer bug on the fling, exposed an un handled scenario.
- Prior to migration if the appstacks registry database contained registry keys with embedded NUL
- (\0) chars in their name, Migration fails.
- This scenario has now been addressed with this update.
- Fix for Migrated Appstack upload failure in AVM due to JSON parsing error.
- Instructions doc updated to reflect the name change from "Upload Prepackaged Volume" to "Upload Template" in the AVM UI.
No similar flings found. Check these out instead...
The Horizon Toolbox is a new web portal that serves as an extension to Horizon View Administrator.
The VCS to VCVA Converter Appliance is the winning idea from the 2013 Fling Contest. It allows customers to migrate from Windows vCenter Server with an External Microsoft SQL Server Database to the vCenter Server Appliance with an embedded vPostgres database.
Have you ever wanted to give your users access to certain virtual infrastructure tasks instead of the entire vCenter Client?
WebCommander is a way to do this! WebCommander was designed as a framework to wrap your PowerShell and PowerCLI scripts into an easy-to-access web service.
Lctree is a tool designed for the visualization of linked clone VM trees created by VMware vCloud Director. Linked clone is a feature available in vSphere that creates a clone of a VM from a snapshot point.
Security incidents are important to track so that all parties know the status of a breach and can respond in concert and with appropriate speed. Current methods to track incidents are generally paper-based manual processes.
The Host Profiles CLI Fling (hostprofilescli) is a command-line utility that allows vSphere administrators to perform several operations with Host Profiles that are either not currently possible through existing user interfaces, or possible only through graphical interfaces.