App Volumes Migration Utility
App Volumes Migration Utility allows to migrate appstacks, which are managed by VMware App Volumes 2.18, to the new appstack format of VMware App Volumes 4.0. The format of appstacks in VMware App Volumes 4.0 have changed in order to provide improved login to desktops among many other features. This utility addresses the migration of appstacks so that applications don't have to be provisioned again after upgrading to VMware App Volumes 4.0.
Administrator permissions are required since the fling operates on the appstacks which are essential for the product.
- Windows 7 or 10
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5
- Administrative access to VMware App Volumes 2.18 or 4.0
Version 1.0.3 Update
- Field "uniqueId" is added in the metadata JSON for migrated appstacks.
Version 1.0.2 Update
- Fix for fling bug 983.
- The customer bug on the fling, exposed an un handled scenario.
- Prior to migration if the appstacks registry database contained registry keys with embedded NUL
- (\0) chars in their name, Migration fails.
- This scenario has now been addressed with this update.
- Fix for Migrated Appstack upload failure in AVM due to JSON parsing error.
- Instructions doc updated to reflect the name change from "Upload Prepackaged Volume" to "Upload Template" in the AVM UI.